What is 4G LTE
An acronym for Long Term Evolution, LTE is a 4G wireless communications standard that is designed to provide up to 10x the speeds of 3G networks for mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, notebooks and wireless hotspots.
With Dhiraagu 4G LTE, enjoy an amazing experience on your mobile with average speeds ten times faster than 3G that will allow you to transfer and receive data at high-speeds enabling you to do things much faster than ever before. Dhiraagu offers the fastest and widest 4G LTE coverage in the Maldives with a superior experience whether it’s streaming, surfing or playing online games.
What can I do with 4G LTE
- Watch videos with Faster loading times & virtually no delays
- Load your favorite websites instantly
- Download a 200MB file in 20 seconds
- View & post photos / videos to social networks instantly
- Send & Receive emails in Real time
- Enjoy Super speed Gaming with better response & Less lag time
- Experience seamless video calls with better picture quality.
How do I get started with Dhiraagu 4G LTE
- Supported Devices: Make sure you have a Dhiraagu 4G network supported device (1800Mhz L3 band)
- Coverage: You need to be in a Dhiraagu 4G network coverage area
- SIM: Ensure that your SIM is 4G ready (USIM by Dhiraagu)
- Settings: Enable 4G service on your device and enjoy the superior experience
General FAQ’s on Dhiraagu 4G LTE:
o 4G means the fourth generation of data technology for cellular networks. LTE stands for Long Term Evolution and is short for a very technical process for high-speed data for phones and other mobile devices. Together, they make 4G LTE ̶ the fastest 4G service available today.
2. What is the network band for Dhiraagu 4G LTE?
o Dhiraagu 4G supports LTE 1800 MHz LTE band 3. You will need a 4G handset or device which supports this LTE network band to enjoy the Superior Experience.
3. What does Dhiraagu 4G LTE network do?
o Dhiraagu 4G LTE networks gives you superfast Mobile broadband speeds. You can download a 20MB file in 20 seconds, stream HD video with buffering as low as 1 sec and load your favorite websites instantly.
4. What speeds can I enjoy on Dhiraagu 4G LTE network?
o Dhiraagu 4G LTE network supports up to 100mbps download speed. On average customers can enjoy download speeds of 15 - 20Mbps on Dhiraagu 4G LTE network. The speed range may vary between users and is subject to device, hardware and software limitations, 4G network coverage/traffic, distance between user and base station, nature of the location, source of website and other external factors.
5. What do I need to have to enjoy Dhiraagu 4G LTE network?
o You will require to upgrade your existing SIM card to a Dhiraagu 4G SIM, which can be upgraded for FREE till end of December 2014.
o You will also have to have Dhiraagu 4G LTE network supported handset. Dhiraagu 4G LTE network supports 4G LTE 1800 MHz LTE band 3 handsets.
6. What is the difference of Dhiraagu 4G SIM?
o Dhiraagu 4G SIM card is state of the art 128K SIM with trio SIM capability. 4G SIM card consists of a NANO SIM with MICRO and Normal SIM card trays, which can be used later depending on the handset/device you want to use the SIM card with.
7. I don’t have a 4G handset, but can I still upgrade to a Dhiraagu 4G SIM?
o Yes, Dhiraagu 4G SIM card will support on legacy phones and all smart phones which are compatible on Dhiraagu 3G and 2G network bands.
8. Which devices are supported on Dhiraagu 4G LTE network?
o Devices which supports 4G LTE 1800 MHz will be supported on Dhiraagu network. Click (hyperlink to tested handsets page) here for a list of handsets we have tested on our 4G LTE network.
9. Do I need to change any settings to enjoy Dhiraagu 4G LTE?
o Yes, you will have to select LTE network mode on your phone. Different operating systems may have different menus to select LTE on network mode. Refer to the phone's user guide to find out how change Data Network mode.
Popular OS settings:
o Android (Android 4 and above): Go to Setting>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode and select LTE/WCDMA/GSM (Auto Connect)
o iPhone (iOS 8 and above): Go to Settings> Cellular > Voice and Data and Select LTE
10. Do I have to change the APN settings to enjoy 4G LTE?
o No, you will not have to change any APN settings. Your existing settings will work on Dhiraagu 2G, 3G and 4G LTE network.
o Basic settings:
11. Do I have to change my package to enjoy Dhiraagu 4G?
o No, you will not have to change your existing service or package to enjoy the Superior Dhiraagu 4G LTE network.
o Dhiraagu Postpaid and prepaid customers can enjoy the Superior Experience wherever you have Dhiraagu 4G coverage.
o All you require to have is a Dhiraagu 4G SIM and a handset / device which supports on Dhiraagu 4G LTE network.
12. Where is Dhiraagu 4G network available?
o Dhiraagu has launched 4G LTE network in greater Male’ area, GA. Villingiglli, GDH. Thinadhoo, HDH. Kulhudhuffushi, LH. Naifaru, Gn. Fuvahmulah, S. Hithadhoo & S. Maradhoo Feydhoo.
Technical FAQ’s on Dhiraagu 4G LTE
1. I have a handset which supports LTE 1800 MHz and LTE band 3, but why I am not able to enjoy 4G speeds?
o You will have to upgrade your SIM card to a Dhiraagu 4G SIM and select LTE/4G from your handset settings on Network mode.
2. How will I know that I am connected to 4G network on my phone?
o Your phone will display 4G or LTE on your signal bar. Refer to your phone manual to learn more about your phones Network modes and how to select them.
3. I have an Android 4G smartphone with Dhiraagu 4G SIM, however I don’t see LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) option on my network mode?
o If you are not able to select LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) you will not be able to connect to Dhiraagu 4G network. You are unable to select 4G mode because the smartphones LTE option has been locked by the handset vendor and you will require to upgrade your firmware from the vendor to enjoy 4G/ LTE.
4. Why is the 4G LTE mode not available on my 4G smartphone?
o Handset vendors design smart phones to different operators, markets and different regions of the world, thus different operators provide 4G LTE on different business models. Therefore handsets designed for other regions/countries or operators may have the 4G LTE option locked. Therefore it is very important to buy a handset which is supported universally or purchase handsets from Authorized dealers/partners in the Maldives.
5. Can I use 4G LTE even when I am in 3G coverage area?
o You can enjoy 4G speeds only in 4G coverage areas. However you will be able to enjoy unrivalled superfast H+/3G network with download speeds up to 72Mbps in supported coverage areas.
6. Can I use my 4G supported dongle and Mifi devices with Dhiraagu 4G SIM?
o Yes you can enjoy Dhiraagu 4G with devices such as 4G USB dongles, 4G mifi and 4G routers, provided that they support Dhiraagu 4G LTE network 1800MHz LTE band 3.
7. When I make a voice call, my connection goes to H+/3G, why is it?
o While 4G LTE network is a mobile broadband network, voice calls are supported on Dhiraagu H+/3G and 2G networks. Hence when you make or receive a voice call, your smart phone will automatically change to 2G/3G/H+ network. And once the call is completed it will automatically switch back to 4G/LTE network.
8. Can I roam overseas and enjoy 4G speeds on my smart phone?
o Currently you will not be able to roam on 4G networks in other countries, however outbound roaming customers can enjoy 2G/3G on overseas networks.