27th April 2016
At the 27th Annual General Meeting of Dhivehi Raajjeyge Gulhun PLC held on the 26th of April 2016, at the Hotel Jen, Male’, Maldives, the shareholders have resolved, by the required majority, to approve the following resolutions.
1. Approval of the Annual Report 2015 including the Director’s Report and Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2015.
2. Declare a final dividend of MVR 4.69 per ordinary share amounting to a total dividend of MVR 356,440,000 (Three Hundred and Fifty Six million, Four Hundred and Forty Thousand Rufiyaa) (approximately US$ 23.1 million) for the financial year 2015.
3. Re-election of Mr. Imran Ali as the Public Director for the Company’s Board of Directors until the conclusion of the 29th Annual General Meeting of the Company; being elected after receiving the necessary majority of votes from the shareholders (excluding the Government of Maldives and Batelco Group).
4. Re-appointment of KPMG (Chartered Accountants) as the Company’s External Auditors for the year 2016, to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting to carry out the statutory audit for the year ended 31st December 2016, and the approval of External Auditors fees.
5. Granting the Board of Directors the authority to approve and declare any interim dividend in accordance with the Company’s Dividend Policy during the financial year 2016.
6. Revisions to the Company’s Articles of Associations to amend the clauses as proposed in the Notice of the 27th Annual General Meeting.
This announcement is made in compliance with Clause 6.2 of The Listing Rules of the Maldives Stock Exchange.
Dhiraagu Investors Relations Department
Media contact for information:
Company Secretary & Manager, Investor Relations
Phone No: 3311775/3311121