International SMS / MMS
"While you can send and share videos, pictures and audio clips with your friends and family abroad almost anywhere in the world."
You can also send and receive MMS from over 30 GSM operators in popular destinations for the first time in the Maldives.
To set up your phone for MMS, send a blank SMS to 222. Please accept the settings you receive by SMS.
Keep texting. Our international SMS service is available to 666 operators in 179 countries.
If you send an international SMS while roaming on a network, an additional roaming SMS surcharge would be applied depending on the roaming network you are using.
- GST will be charged at 6%* on Recharge/Reload amount at the point of sale.
* If sold in a tourist establishment GST will be charged at the prevailing tourism sector GST rate.
||To send sms or mms, type in the recipient's address:
- [+][country/destination code][mobile number]
- MVR 5 per MMS (regardless of size) and there is no charge for receiving MMS.
- MVR 1 per SMS.
- Maximum size for an MMS is 100 Kb.
How do I top up my mobile?
To recharge your account press *141* followed by the 16 digit voucher number, # key and press SEND.
Eg: *141*12345678912365478# and SEND
Once successfully recharged, you can see a flash message on your mobile screen and also receive an SMS confirmation.
You can also call 151 and follow the voice instructions to recharge your account.