SMS Vaahaka Majaa Winners
"SMS Story Competition"
SMS Vaahaka Majaa Winners
Romeo & Juliet
| Team of 3 winners
| Mohamed Ibrahim
| Mohamed Nabeel
|Prize: Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ Digital Camera and a Gift Pack from Lecute for EACH MEMBER OF THE TEAM
- This promotion is eligible exclusively to;
Dhiraagu Mobile customers (excluding all in section (b)
- Dhiraagu staff are NOT eligible. (Dhiraagu Service Lines, Test lines, Staff lines or Mobile phone numbers registered under Dhiraagu staff are not eligible)
- Duration of Competition and deadlines
- The competition will be open on 23rd July and close on 13th August 2012
- All participants should submit the stories before the deadline on 00:00 hrs, 13th August 2012. No new stories can be initiated after the deadline
- The stories will be opened for voting after moderation process from 25th July and will close on 23:59 hrs, 21st August 2012
- Guidelines for submitting stories
- The story should be completed in 30 SMS
- The story should have the contribution from 3 participants from the team. (It should be the contribution from 3 different registered users of Dhiraagu mobile)
- Replies submitted should be in sentences, and should be less than 160 characters
- Each story should be completed within 48 hours (2days) during the period of the competition
- All stories should be legible in either Dhivehi or English language and needs to be comprehensible
- Participants can submit multiple stories- However each participant can participate in two stories at a time before its completion
- Participants will be able to leave and join the application at any time. Simply SMS as follows:
- To Leave send LEAVE to 233
- To Join send JOIN to 233
- If a participant leaves the application at any point, the existing story with his/her contribution can no longer be continued. The participant will not receive any further notifications via SMS Vaahaka Majaa application.
- Participants can join the application at any stage however; will not be able to contribute to an existing story.
- All submissions must be original in nature, must not be duplicates of existing stories, and shall not represent or misrepresent any association, person, brand and not in any way be defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, scandalous or offensive in nature.
- Participants are solely responsible for all rights, legality, ownership rights, including any intellectual property rights with regard to the submitted stories. If a claimant wants to remove a story from the competition, in regard to any intellectual property or copyrights related issue or any other, the claimant shall provide enough evidence to Dhiraagu and this shall be dealt by the participant and claimant.
- Failure to comply to the above guidelines may result in disqualification of the story/ participant.
- The Process, Points Allocation and Winner Selection
- The completed story will first undergo an initial screening process where it will be screened to see if is suitable for public viewing. The participant will receive an SMS notification if the content fails this initial screening OR when the story has been approved and published on Dhiraagu website. Submissions that do not meet the guidelines, are offensive, contains profanity, and likewise are inappropriate for public viewing will not pass the screening and will result in disqualification.
- The completed story and respective Story ID will be uploaded here for public viewing within 24 hrs given that the content passes the initial screening and thereon the story will be open for voting . Voting instructions are also provided which shall be as follows:
- SMS to 233 in the format -
ID <space> StoryID
Eg: ID 7 and SMS to 233
- The story with the highest SMS votes by the end of the competition (23:59 hrs, 21st August 2012) will be chosen as the winning story
- In case of a tie, the winning story will be selected from a lucky draw which will be held by 8th September 2012
- Prize Details, Notification and Acceptance
- The 3 participants submitting the winning story , will each win a:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ Digital Camera
- Gift Pack from Le Cute
- The winners will be notified by 8th September 2012, by Dhiraagu Marketing Department, through the registered mobile phone number
- Prize will be awarded within one (1) week after winner notification and verification. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the winner does not respond to the prize notification or take possession of the Prize within 3 (three) months, it will result in disqualification.
- The winner will be required to provide ID Card for verification purposes
- The Prize will be awarded to the registered owner of the mobile phone number
- The Prize awarded cannot be upgraded or substituted or exchanged (including for cash)
- If the winner is a registered Corporate, Government Office - The registered entity will decide whom they will award the prize.
- Dhiraagu Marketing Department will make arrangements for the winner to collect the Prize from Dhiraagu. If the winner is unable to come then he/she may advise in writing (to the following address) with details, including ID card copy of the person who will be coming to collect the prize on behalf of winner. The prize needs to be collected from:
Dhiraagu Marketing Department
STO Trade Center, 4th Floor
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation. By entering this competition, each winner acknowledges that Dhiraagu has the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, phone number , and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto
- Limitation of Liability: Each entrant forever discharges and releases Dhiraagu, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, and or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the competition or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Reservation of Rights: These official rules are subject to modification by Dhiraagu. Dhiraagu reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Dhiraagu further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion
- Further Notes :Dhiraagu is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Dhiraagu, telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
- Entrants agree not to upload post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Dhiraagu reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons that are believed to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the competition.
- The Competition shall in all respects be governed by the laws of Maldives. However, it shall be the sole responsibility and obligation of each participant and winner to ensure that he/she complies with and does not contravene any laws to which he/she may be personally subject to.